Life is coming at anti-Trump billionaire Mark Cuban fast as the NBA is now reviewing 2011 allegations of sexual assault against him.
Prosecutors had previously decided against pursuing charges against the Mavericks owner, but the League isn’t treating the matter with the same lack of interest.
Speaking to the press, NBA spokesman Mike Bass said on Wednesday (via New York Post) that the NBA is now opening its own investigation into the allegations following an investigative report in the Portland-based Willamette Week, which revealed on Tuesday that a woman had reported Cuban to the police over allegations that the billionaire had sexually assaulted her at a bar while they were taking a photo.
She told Portland police that he forced his hand down her jeans and penetrated her with his finger without her consent. Cuban denied the claim to Portland police, and charges were never filed as the district attorney determined that the evidence against him was insufficient to press charges.
The woman told Willamette Week that she still stood by the charges. “I filed the report because what he did was wrong,” she said. “I stand behind that report 1,000 percent.”
The report over the sexual assault allegations comes in the wake of a Sports Illustrated account detailing a hostile work environment for women in the front office of the Cuban-owned Mavericks. Although Cuban is not directly implicated, the investigative report raises questions about what he knew of the issues raised by female employees who allege that the organization’s higher-ups had sexually harassed them.
Are you a thought criminal with an appetite for danger? Get your fill on THE MILO SHOW, airing Monday through Friday 4/3c. Subscribe now at www.dangerous.com/join